DO NOT PURCHASE A HOME WITH FISCHER HOMES

40 of 40 Fischer Homes reviews

Update added by user May 09, 2013

Fischer Homes was very responsive to our concerns and we were able to work things out with them to both our satisfaction and theirs. It was refreshing to see and work with an organization who listens to their customers issues and work on resolving them to everyone's satisfaction. I've asked for this complaint to be removed as everything has been resolved but in the meantime, we'd like everyone to know we were very pleased with Fischer's response to our issues.

Original review posted by user May 14, 2012

DO NOT - I repeat - DO NOT purchase a home from Fischer Homes.They will lie to your face and go back on their word.

And especially DO NOT purchase a home from Kristin Collins at Margies Cove in Grove City Ohio. Long story short (although I'm more than willing to elaborate so if you'd like all the details please message me), my husband and I purchased a new home from them. We provided them with a modest deposit for holding the lot, etc. and we were assured by Kristin (on multiple occasions) that we would receive our deposit back from them as long as we did not sign off on final selections.

A few personal changes occurred and we needed to cancel building our home. We DID NOT sign off on final selections yet we've been told we will not receive our money back even though this was what was promised to us. Even as recent as this evening, I was told by Bill, Kristin's manager that Kristin told him that she never said that. Kristin knows that she told my husband and I (again, on multiple occasions) that we would be returned our money as long as we did not sign off on our final selections.

I informed Bill that I would be going public with this story on Facebook, twitter, the better business bureau, angies list, yelp, etc. if we were not returned our money. He stated that they do not respond to threats and that he was fine with me posting this information across the web (I have to wonder if his boss was comfortable with the fact that he okayed me posting this message and many more). I also stated that I was shocked that they would rather have this bad press out there than return our money.

They must badly need the small amount we gave them. Therefore, with Bill's ok, I plan to make this a very public statement and warn all consumers. If you are considering purchasing a home with Fischer, you really shouldn't. They will lie to your face, they will go back on their word, and they will call you a liar on top of it (as he told me, he believes what Kristin is telling him which is basically saying, he doesn't believe what I'm saying).

Since my above complaint, Fischer Homes is unwilling to do anything and we've posted on every social media site imaginable including filing a complaint with the BBB and the local media outlets.

Fischer Homes has now removed my post from their Facebook page a couple of times and have now even blocked me from their site.What a joke of a company and I want as many people as possible to know they should NEVER buy a home with this company!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 104 Yes 104
40 of 40 Fischer Homes reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 01, 2016 #1120645

Interesting, Kristin Collins works for M/I homes now, she left Fisher Homes last year because all the complaints towards her. She will steal your money and will lie in your face, tipical behaviour from her to receive a commission.

1 0 Reply
Former Ky resident

Feb 22, 2016 #1116108 Calhoun, Georgia, United States

Henry Fischer was using illegals to build their homes...the same thing is happening with all builders...they want the cheap labor...

0 3 Reply

Feb 09, 2016 #1108978

We bought a Fisher home in Lebanon, Ohio. the customer service was AWFUL. When my husband commented, this is the one thing we will ever spend the most money on in our lifetime, we should be able to get decent customer service-the response was-"We treat all of our customers this way, no matter how much they are spending on their house!" We still are shocked and laugh at how revealing that comment was even today-8 years later!

3 0 Reply

Jan 12, 2016 #1092964

Run away from this company!! Your house will fall apart in the first 3-4 years... It happened to me!

3 0 Reply

Sep 16, 2015 #1034557

I had terrible problems also. I would never buy anything from them again

none

Aug 14, 2015 #1019713

I had worst experience in the beginning itself (as soon as I signed the contract).
The behavior for sale person changed and no proper support.

Jul 20, 2015 #1009931

Good to know. I was going to look at their condo's in Northern Ky.
Not now

McNik grad

Jun 27, 2015 #1000317

Ted Fischer is not owner of Fischer Homes. Nor is Greg Fischer owner. If you have a complaint with Henry Fischer Homes and are not getting it resolved to your satisfaction, contact Henry Fischer. He will resolve as best he can within the confines of your contract and sometimes outside your contract. You will never meet a more honest and generous businessman. I have known him since he was a baby.

2 1 Reply

Jan 12, 2016 #1092966

Yeah... And you most likely work for this crooked and dishonest company.

Apr 26, 2015 #976842

I am building a home is Cincinnati area up more by Dayton and my family and I have had great experiences with building! Our lady that we bought from is so sweet and caring and so is the guy in charge of building...i guess we got lucky?

0 1 Reply
madATfisherhomes

Jan 16, 2015 #932204 Columbus, Ohio, United States

shes right fisher lies and i had a signed contract with fisher on a home and THEY backed out so i couldnt purchase the home i wanted where i wanted for the price they had agreed to

0 0 Reply
Dennis

Jan 03, 2015 #924972 Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Funny this person wrote this
Who would sign a contract and think they would get their money back. The builder did work, designer etc
It is a written contract and nothing verbal supersedes written
Perhaps their first home and no not understand real estate .
If they sold their house would they take it off the market and give back money if they buyer changed their mind?

2 2 Reply
upset current customer

May 15, 2014 #815560

!!!! DO NOT BUY FROM FISCHER HOMES !!!!
They lie, cheat and scam you the very day after you sign the contract!!

2 4 Reply
Decieved

Mar 19, 2014 #796733

Fisher Homes is absolutely Bad News!!! The construction is horrible, the "new" HOME LEAKED FROM DAY ONE, they do not own up to their mistakes, and built a home for me that became a horrible Moldy death trap!!! My health deteriorated and they refused to go to the recommended lengths to repair and restore the home to where it should be.
They utilized unlicensed contractors and over a period of time, mold took over 100% of the home, coming from the inner walls, building up on the interior walls.
This is not a builder you can trust or give your money to!! In the end, we had to leave the home in order for our health to begin to improve. :cry

4 4 Reply
Not exaggerating

Jan 03, 2015 #925014

Did your home inspector not catch it?

5 2 Reply
Realor that Fischer refuses to

Feb 25, 2014 #788713 Cincinnati, Ohio, United States

Buyer just told that there was a recall on sheathing that was applied to the house. Suppose to close on the house in approx. 14 days. Now have to take all of the brick off and apply new sheathing. Told that it only effected two houses and no big deal. In fact they want the Buyer to close in 3 weeks without the correction being completed. Anyone else experiencing Fischer Homes calling and stating there has been a recall on the sheathing???

0 0 Reply
Cruzzy

Jan 03, 2015 #924974 Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

They must be good builders . Most would have left it on under the brick
Great they disclosed it

4 1 Reply

Feb 09, 2014 #783626 Erlanger, Kentucky, United States

Stay away from Fischer homes, especially in N Ky. Some of the worst, shoddy, & sloppy work I've ever seen. There is not a 90 degree angle in our entire house. Very poor drywall work, crooked windows, very thin paint, and bad brick work.

1-20 of 44 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.